Here is everything you need to know about Fulham youngster Muaemer Tankovic after he was named in the starting XI to play Manchester United.
Fulham manager Rene Meulensteen sprang something of a surprise when the teams were announced for his side’s match against Manchester United at Old Trafford.
While he had Darren Bent on the bench, and January signing Kostas Mitroglou was not in the match-day squad, the 18-year-old made his full league debut for Fulham at the home of the champions.
Here are five facts about Tankovic:
1) Born in Sweden on 22 February 1995, Tankovic began his senior career at IFK Norrkoping, having previously represented them at youth level. However, the closest he got to the pitch was as an unused substitute prior to his move to Craven Cottage.
2) The forward moved to London in August 2011, where he joined Fulham’s academy. Playing in the number 10 role, he is known for his creativity and smart movement. He can also play as an out-and-out striker.
3) Tankovic has represented Sweden at both under-17 and under-19 level, proving prolific at both levels and averaging almost a goal every other game.
4) The player has made three appearances in the FA Cup, creating the goal in Fulham’s 1-1 draw with Sheffield United. Despite playing every minute of the replay, he failed to replicate that feat.
5) Tankovic’s current Fulham contract runs until the end of the season and reports have claimed – unsurprisingly – that the club have offered him an extension. But for now questions over his future remain.
image: © http://www.flickr.com/photos/flo_p/