Fenerbache turn to £10m Newcastle striker after Arsenal forward says no

Newcastle United

Newcastle United striker Papiss Cisse is being targeted by Turkish giants Fenerbache for a late transfer window deal.

As a result of the Turkish transfer window still being open, leading clubs such as Fenerbache and Galatasary are still eager to strengthen.

Fenerbache had previously tried to sign Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner on loan, however their attempt was knocked back – as the Dane re-iterated his desire to stay with the Gunners and fight for his place.

Bendtner’s decision may come as a surprise to some as the 26-year-old has started just one Premier League game this season, however due to the Arsenal’s lack of options up front the Dane is likely to have a big say in their title aspirations over the next couple of months.

According to the Daily Mail, as a result of Bendtner's knock-back Fenerbache have now turned their attentions to Papiss Cisse and have until Monday afternoon to complete a deal.

It is said that the Senegalese international has already been the subject of an £8m offer from fellow Turkish side Trazbonspor – however the Magpies rejected the offer.

Papiss Cisse hasn’t featured regularly for the Magies this season, making just six Premier League starts.

The 28-year-old has unfortunately become a victim of Newcastle’s change in style and personnel this season – with on-loan French striker Loic Remy tending to lead the line on his own.

It is reported that Fenerbache are making a starting offer of £6m – with Newcastle wanting closer to £10m.

Newcastle have plenty of options up top following the loan-signing of Luuk De Jong from Borussia Monchengladbach, as well as the Ameobi brothers – therefore if a deal can’t be concluded by tomorrow, Cisse’s Newcastle United adventure will most certainly be over in the summer.

images: © machernucha, © machernucha

Register for NEWCASTLE UNITED team updates

Register for HITC Sport - Daily Dispatch