Arsenal's Deadline Day activity has taken an unexpected twist, with the Mail claiming late interest in midfielder Kim Kallstrom (pictured above, right)
Arsenal have lost Aaron Ramsey to injury for six weeks, and Mathieu Flamini has a suspension upcoming for important games, leading Arsene Wenger to look at cover.
It's likely any deal would be a loan switch rather than permanent transfer with the Gunners only having to pay a small fee.
Here are 10 facts about the possible new arrival at the Emirates:
1) Kallstrom, 31, is a versatile midfielder capable of playing in a defensive or attacking role and currently plays for Spartak Moscow.
2) He is perhaps best known to fans of English football as a legend of computer game Championship Manager 4, in which he developed into one of the world's best midfielders.
3) Kallstrom is a Swedish international with a staggering 108 caps, and 16 goals to his name.
4) He has already played at Arsenal's ground with Lyon, in the Emirates Cup.
5) Kallstrom spent six seasons with Lyon, moving to Russia in 2012, after winning two Ligue 1 titles and two Coupe de France's.
6) He has Champions League experience with both Lyon and Spartak playing 50 games in total, scoring five times, and was sent off against Celtic last season.
7) Kallstrom was once handed a one-match ban in France for spitting at a linesman.
8) He showed his softer side late last year, comforting an eight-year-old mascot before an international game who has a genetic disorder, in a photo which went viral.
9) The largest transfer fee he has generated in his career was the £7 million Lyon paid to sign him from Rennes in 2006.
10) Left-footed Kallstrom is known for his free-kick abilities. Here he is in action netted a superb strike against Holland: