TRANSFER CLOCK: 30 days down, one to go until the Transfer Deadline closes. Here are six of the developing stories heading into the final day.
1) Eliaquim Mangala is said to be hesitating over a €42 million move to Manchester City. French outlet RMC claim that a fee has been agreed with Porto for the French centre-back, but the defender is unsure. They report: "He still does not know whether to go in January or continue the season with Porto." They add the centre-back will be pressed into a decision early on deadline day.
2) The Sun make the shock claim that Manchester United are interested in signing Andros Townsend from Tottenham Hotspur. The paper also write that Adnan Januzaj has committed his international future to England.
It is not the only deal to be suggested involving United and Spurs, with ITV reporting the clubs were negotiating a loan deal for winger Nani.
The second surprise United target is centre-back Nicolas Otamendi of Porto. Goal UK report that United have submitted a £12.3 million bid for the Argentine.
If his teammate Mangala goes ahead with his move to City, the Porto pair could soon be cross-city rivals in Manchester. Otamendi has just 18 months left on his current contract.
3) Liverpool are in advanced talks for Yevhen Konoplyanka, report The Mail. Managing director Ian Ayre is in Ukraine negotiating for the Dnipro winger, who is valued at around £15 million. Tottenham are reported to have pulled out of the race to sign him. Konoplyanka has scored nine goals and provided six assists this season.
4) Chelsea are on the verge of clinching a deal for Saint Etienne defender Kurt Zouma. The centre-back will cost £12.5 million and be loaned back until the end of the current season. SkySports report the 19-year-old is expected to sign a five-year contract.
5) West Ham are making a surprise late effort to hijack Fulham's deal for striker Konstantinos Mitroglou, report The Mirror. The Greek international striker is already in London after a £12.5 million fee was struck with Fulham yesterday. West Ham lost Lacina Traore in similar circumstances to Everton, and are likely to be one of the busier sides on deadline day.
And finally... Arsenal's transfer of Julian Draxler appears to be off the agenda, after Schalke said he was going nowhere. Arsene Wenger has however admitted Arsenal are 'active' in the market. He told Arsenal.com: "Are we active? Yes. Are we close to sign anybody? No. In any hour anything can happen or change but at the moment, unfortunately, we are not signing anybody." Mirko Vucinic turned down a loan move to Arsenal, declaring he wanted to stay at Juventus.
image: © superleagueformula