TRANSFER CLOCK: 29 days down, two to go until the Transfer Window closes. Here's the latest on five developing stories as the clock strikes midnight.
1) Liverpool are pushing to sign Ukrainian international Yevhen Konoplyanka, confirm The Independent. However the paper report two unnamed Premier League clubs are contesting the winger's signature. While The Telegraph claim Tottenham to be one of the clubs, The Independent's report suggest it is Manchester United who are keen on the winger, with Wilfried Zaha set to be loaned to Cardiff and Nani to Inter Milan. Dnipro are keen to cash in for £20 million but could settle for £15 million, and the player's father has admitted he expects his son to be sold. Liverpool missed out on Mohamed Salah to Chelsea last week and will not want to be trumped by another rival, and should be expected to go all out to beat the competition or face a fan backlash. The Telegraph report Liverpool managing director Ian Ayre has flown to the Ukraine to hold talks.
2) Everton want to bring in another striker even though Romelu Lukaku's injury will be 'weeks' not months, and have two potential options. The Toffees are considering Lyon's Bafetimbis Gomis, whose contract runs out in June, write The Mail. The striker has been likened to Didier Drogba and has eight Ligue 1 goals this season. Gomis was last summer linked to Swansea and Newcastle. Their alternative is Marseille forward Saber Khalifa, who has scored just once in 20 games since a summer move from Evian, also report The Mail.
3) Chelsea have been told to pay £18 million if they want to sign Kurt Zouma this transfer window by St Etienne. The central defender has also been linked to Manchester United, but the player last week admitted his 'love' for Chelsea. His club maintain they are under 'no pressure' to sell, report The Mirror. The paper add that United feel the price tag is too steep for the French international.
4) Fulham have agreed a fee to sign Konstantinos Mitroglou, report SkySports. The Olympiakos striker has 17 league goals this season, and will cost Fulham a club record £12.5 million. The striker would be giving up a Champions League last 16 contest to risk getting relegated with the Premier League strugglers.
5) West Ham want to sign former Benfica midfielder Fernando Alexandre, report The Mirror. The 28-year-old plays for Academdia Coimbra, and would cost £1 million, but the Hammers are currently only prepared to offer £500,000 claim the paper. The central midfielder has two goals in 11 starts in the Primeira Liga this season.
image: © worldwide souvenirs