Arsenal, Newcastle United and Manchester United feature.
TRANSFER CLOCK: 27 days down, four to go until the Transfer Window closes: Here are five of the developing stories of the past 24 hours...
1) Portuguese newspaper O Jogo report that Benfica are anxiously waiting on Arsenal's next move regarding Rodrigo - 'Rodrigo future in the hands of Wenger'. The 22-year-old Spaniard they write was the subject of an enquiry from The Gunners last month, and Benfica are counting down until the end of the transfer window. They write that Arsene Wenger likes Rodrigo and believes he would fit into his style of play, but is concentrating on Julian Draxler. If unsuccessful they expect Wenger to return, adding that Rodrigo would prefer to join an English side than move to Zenit St Petersburg, also linked.
2) Three names have been linked to Manchester United over the past 24 hours, with Toni Kroos of Bayern Munich the link with the first up. Talks regarding a contract extension have broken down and United manager David Moyes was pictured with Kroos' agent at the weekend. Separate reports link Chelsea with the Kroos. Alternately, Kroos' Bayern teammate Bastian Schweinsteiger has been advised to join Manchester United if they make a summer bid by German legend Oliver Kahn. He tips United as one of three sides along with Barcelona and Real Madrid that Schweinsteiger should cut ties with Bayern for. The Mirror also report that United are closing on 30-year-old Fernando of Porto, who is out of contract in the summer. United duo,Fabio da Silva and Wilfried Zaha will join Cardiff, with the latter a loan move until the end of the season.
3) Newcastle have agreed a fee with PSG for Yohan Cabaye, SkySports have confirmed. Cabaye reportedly told Newcastle this morning he intended to leave. PSG had a £14 million bid rejected earlier in the day but late last night the French side returned with an improved offer which was accepted. Newcastle have been linked themselves with Lyon's Clement Grenier, claimed by the French press to have submitted a bid, switching attention from Lyon's Remy Cabella.
4) Luke Shaw wants to stay at Southampton and is ignoring talk over his future, claims his manager. Mauricio Pochettino today dismissed transfer rumours linking the left-back away from the south coast club. Shaw had been linked with Chelsea and Manchester United in the past 24 hours, with both sides said to be preparing summer bids.
5) Fulham and Aston Villa have seen their pursuits of Steven Defour end after Porto signaled they needed to hold onto the Belgian midfielder. The Express report Defour's agent stating that the midfielder has to stay and seize his chance after Lucho Gonzalez was sold to Qatari club Al Rayyan.
image: © Crystian Cruz