TRANSFER CLOCK: 23 days down, 8 days to go until the Transfer Window closes. Here's a run through of five of the developing stories..
1) Arsenal were last night said to be sending a delegation to Germany to negotiate with Schalke over Julian Draxler, yet at his press conference today manager Arsene Wenger was typically giving little away. The Telegraph confirmed this evening that a negotiating team have jetted to Germany, but confirmed the club is yet to meet Schalke's £37 million asking price. Wenger told Arsenal.com earlier: "(It) looks very unlikely. I must say we are not close to doing anything. I always feel a bit guilty going to a press conference during the transfer market and having nobody to announce but I don't want to lie!"
2) The backpage of newspaper The Sun claims that striker Javier Hernandez wants to quit Manchester United. The Mexican striker has endured his most disappointing season since joining the club, and was snubbed by Mexico for their World Cup play-offs in November. With Robin van Persie and Wayne Rooney due back from injuries, the striker is likely to see his game-time reduced. Tottenham have been linked but more likely is Inter Milan who are reportedly keen to exchange the forward for midfielder Fredy Guarin, who saw a move to Juventus collapse this week.
3) West Ham are close to sealing a double loan signing, for Italian duo Antonio Nocerino and Marco Boriello. The pair would join from AC Milan and Roma respectively, report The Star. The pair are keen on moves to save their World Cup chances, with the Hammers desperate to We have taken a look at what they can bring to the relegation threatened side and whether they can save their season.
4) Reported Manchester United target Dante has revealed he only talked up a move as 'in jest', and never took it seriously. The Bayern Munich defender was rumoured earlier in the week by The Telegraph to be a transfer target for manager David Moyes. The centre-back told BILD he would only consider departing Bayern if he was told he was no longer needed, while his agent earlier this week admitted he was negotiating a contract extension with the reigning Champions League winners.
5) Chelsea earlier this afternoon confirmed a deal is in place to sign Egyptian winger Mohamed Salah. The Basel man completed a transfer for a fee which could rise to £16 million. Liverpool were strongly linked with the 21-year-old, but were unwilling to meet the Swiss side's demands. The switch is subject to personal terms and a medical being agreed and completed.
image: © joncandy