TRANSFER CLOCK: 22 days down, nine to go until the Transfer Window closes. Here is a round-up of the latest news.
1) First up, the big one. Chelsea have reportedly accepted an offer for Juan Mata from Manchester United for £37 million, report The Telegraph. The paper write that Mata is likely to undergo a medical at United tomorrow as both clubs seek to conclude the deal, with personal terms already agreed which will see the Spaniard double his wages. They add that Jose Mourinho has approved the transfer.
2) Liverpool are also reported to be closing in on Mohamed Salah, but the deal is being threatened by late interest from Chelsea. Egyptian website KingFut reported the Basel winger is on his way to Anfield to discuss terms and even undergo a medical. However the Reds face serious competition from Chelsea who are said to have matched the bid from Liverpool for the winger this evening, write The Metro. Chelsea will naturally want to bring in an attacking player with losing Mata, and know all about Salah after he scored two winners against them in the Champions League group stages.
3) Arsenal do want to sign Julian Draxler this January, write The Mirror. The paper report that The Gunners are keen to avoid a summer auction for the German starlet's services, and will send representatives to negotiate over the final nine days of the transfer window, described as a 'concerted push'. The club are however said to be aware it will be an uphill push with Schalke repeatedly assuring fans Draxler will not be sold this month, including a statement from the club CEO earlier today.
4) Everton face an anxious wait over plans to loan Lacina Traore, after Monaco striker Radamel Falcao suffered a knee injury earlier this afternoon. The extent of the injury is yet to be confirmed, amid fears the Colombian could even miss the World Cup. If it is a serious injury then Monaco are likely to consider recalling new striker Traore to replace him in the first team. The Liverpool Echo reported this evening that Everton's work permit hearing for Traore has been approved.
5) West Ham are being linked with a shock transfer for midfielder Raul Meireles, write The Mail. The Portuguese midfielder plays for Fenerbahce, where has spent 18 months following consecutive seasons at Liverpool and Chelsea. The paper report the midfielder is keen on a Premier League return.
image: © DerHans04