Tottenham have reportedly handed a trial to a Nigerian international.
Tottenham have offered a trial to free agent midfielder Gabriel Reuben, according to newspaper the Nigerian Tribune.
Reuben quit Kilmarnock earlier this month after the club accepted his request to terminate his contract.
The BBC reported that he had failed to win a place in the side after injury, with the player stating: "I'm happy that my wish to leave was granted. The plan is to explore other avenues."
A jump to Tottenham may appear ambitious but he will at least hope to benefit from training at a top Premier League club, and could yet surprise and seize the opportunity before him.
Here are five facts about Gabriel Reuben...
1) Reuben is a defensive midfielder who made just two SPL appearances for Kilmarnock. Before that he had spent his career in Nigeria.
2) He is a Nigerian international who featured in the Super Eagles' World Cup qualifying campaign and has 10 caps to his name.
3) He is 23-years-old and has a real presence at 6 foot 5 in height.
4) In one of his two SPL appearances for Kilmarnock he suffered the unwanted fate of being sent off for picking up two bookings.
5) He can be found on Twitter at @GabrielRueben.
Check him out in action below: