Yeovil Town likely to beat off Charlton Athletic interest for Nottingham Forest striker, Leeds United chase signing but could lose Diouf, Forest chase Sunderland striker and Bournemouth bid for Cardiff City frontman
1) It has been reported that Nottingham Forest misfit Ishmael Miller is likely to return to Yeovil Town when Billy Davies decides to release the player on loan.
According to the Western Gazette it's understood that the Glovers are not the only side interested in the former West Brom striker, as reports link him with a move to relegation rivals Doncaster Rovers and Charlton Athletic.
Miller, 26, has a huge impact in the improvement at Huish Park during his previous loan spell, scoring three goals in seven appearances.
2) Leeds United manager Brian McDermott has left the door open for former Liverpool striker El Hadji Diouf to leave the club in January.
Sky Sports reported McDermott's confirmation on the availability of Diouf if a suitable offer was put forward. The Senegalese striker is out-of-contract at the end of the season and an extension looks increasingly unlikely.
3) Brian McDermott has confirmed during an interview with BBC Radio Leeds that an offer has been made for an unnamed player and the club are working hard on completing it.
Leeds United have reportedly been very active in this January transfer window and despite bringing in two already, it looks likely that more could be on the way. Leeds are currently in a bad form, losing their last five games in all competitions.
Luke Moore, Leroy Lita and Leigh Griffiths have been linked with moves to Elland Road recently and it's highly likely the mystery man could be one of those three.
4) Bournemouth are looking to strengthen their bid for consolidation by signing Cardiff City striker Joe Mason.
According to Sky Sports reports Bournemouth have tabled an offer of £1.5m to land the 22-year-old and further proof that The Cherries are capable of funding their team into a respectable Championship side.
Mason endured a disappointing loan spell at Bolton earlier in the season, scoring just once from eight appearances.
5) Nottingham Forest are looking to step up their striker chase by snapping up Sunderland striker Danny Graham on loan.
The former Watford striker is currently on loan at Hull City, however, the arrivals of Long and Jelavic have left him in no man's land. And it's understood that Hull City could allow the player to finish his loan spell early.
Graham has endured a torrid two years in the Premier League, scoring just one goal in his last 18 appearances.
image: © ronnie macdonald