Arsenal have been linked to Lille's Pape Souare.
Here's the lowdown on the latest name linked with a move to Arsenal, Pape Souare.
The Mail report that Arsenal have sent scouts to check out the defender in action, although they remain very well covered at left-back with Kieran Gibbs and Nacho Monreal at their disposal.
Here are five facts about Souare:
1) Pape Souare is 23-years-old and plays as a left-back for French side Lille, playing 20 games.
2) Souare is a Senegalese international with seven caps to his name.
3) He shares the same agents as Arsenal youngster Francis Coquelin, recently recalled from a poor loan spell in the Bundesliga.
4) Souare was handed his Lille debut by former coach Rudi Garcia, currently Roma boss, when just 19.
5) He had never scored a single goal until this season in more than 40 matches, this season bagging three already.
Check him out in action below:
image: © Julien Haler