TRANSFER CLOCK: 19 days down, 12 to go until the Transfer Window closes. Here are five of the big stories from the past 24 hours...
1) Manchester United have made Edinson Cavani their number one summer target, according to reports. The Uruguayan has been identified as a replacement for Wayne Rooney it is claimed, who United fear losing this summer or next. The People report that David Moyes has personally sanctioned a move for PSG striker Cavani. He has 12 goals in 18 Ligue 1 starts since joining the French club, and scored a staggering 42 goals for club and country in 2012/13.
2) Arsenal and Chelsea may have just this transfer window to secure Atletico Madrid striker Diego Costa. This is because his release clause of €42 million is likely to be increased, with the club already said to be preparing an improved contract according to reports on the continent. Atletico just more than trebled the release clause in Manchester United midfield target Koke's contract to €60 million, and by time the summer comes around, prolific striker Diego Costa's new release clause would surely eclipse that in an attempt from the Spaniards to render him 'out of reach.'
3) Chelsea are claimed to be very close to a move for centre-back Kurt Zouma. The Express reveal Chelsea and St Etienne are holding 'ongoing' talks and expect to shortly reach an agreement. Zouma, 19, said last week that he dreamed of a move to Stamford Bridge. He has missed much of this season after receiving a 10-game ban for a 'dangerous' tackle which resulted in a double leg break for an opponent.
4) Liverpool are to renew interest in Mohamed Salah, report The Mirror and The Express. It was claimed at the start of the month that a deal was close but the Reds are yet to bid for the FC Basel winger. Salah, 21, scored twice against Chelsea in Champions League games this season. The Mirror report that manager Brendan Rodgers has sanctioned an £8 million offer.
5) Everton hope to close a deal to sign Lacina Traore on loan this week. The 6ft 8" Ivorian striker had been expected to join West Ham on loan from Monaco but Everton appear poised to secure the player. SkySports report that Traore will undergo a medical this week. He was pictured in Merseyside earlier today, bizarrely in a Tesco store.
image: © jikatu