Nottingham Forest look set to beat Reading to Hull City star, Leeds United chase striking duo, Queens Park Rangers chase Arsenal target, Leicester striker bid hits snag and Birmingham sign former Sheffield United midfielder.
Here's a round-up of the latest Football League gossip:
1) Nottingham Forest look close to agreeing a deal with Hull City over on-loan centre back Jack Hobbs. According to reports in The Nottingham Evening Post the news was broken by Forest chairman Fawaz Al-Hasawi via his twitter account, announcing they had agreed a fee with Hull over centre back Jack Hobbs. Despite the player not signing the deal yet, it's a strong indication that the Reds are well on their way to securing the deal ahead of Promotion rivals Reading.
2) Leeds United enjoyed a busy day of speculation yesterday, with two strikers coming to the forefront of discussions. First there was a link to former Swansea City striker Luke Moore, despite reports suggesting they could face Premier League competition for the 27-year-old. And then there was a fresh link to Wolverhampton Wanderers striker Leigh Griffiths, but again are likely to face competition for his signature from the likes of Celtic and Wigan. Brian McDermott is actively looking to strengthen his current side and on the back of two embarrassing defeats, he probably should do.
3) Queens Park Rangers have become shock candidates for Arsenal's €8m target Paul-Georges Ntep. Reports in France suggest that the player's recent trip to London was down to Harry Redknapp wanting to woo the player into choosing Championship football, over potential Champions League football, as Arsenal amongst others remain interested. The prolific France U21 international would be a major coup for the club and certainly a worry for the sides around them, as the promotion race hots up.
4) Daily Mirror Journalist Alan Nixon has tweeted indicating that the Kevin Phillips to Leicester deal has hit a snag and the the player could be in talks with other Championship sides. It was thought Leicester had the transfer done and dusted, but despite strong speculation the contract remains unsigned. At 40, he perhaps isn't in the best shape of his career but his experience has been integral in previous Championship promotions and could prove to be a shrewd signing.
5) Birmingham City have added experienced midfielder Brian Howard to their squad, on a short term deal.
Birmingham City FC (@BcfcDotCom) January 14, 2014
The former Sheffield United midfielder moved to CSKA Sofia in the summer on a one year deal, but didn't enjoy the best of spells and could now look to prove himself once again on more familiar surroundings. He will be hoping to put the memory of Bristol City's relegation from last season, well and truly behind him.