Nottingham Forest look at former Hull City loanee, Borussia Dortmund beat Derby County in battle for international striker, former Tottenham Hotspur flop turns down Huddersfield Town, Aston Villa move on Wigan Athletic striker and Brighton chase Bournemouth and Cardiff City players.
1) Nottingham Forest have made a bid for Al Ahly midfielder Ahmed Fahti, according to reports from Ian Dennis of the BBC.
The 29-year-old Egyptian isn't a stranger to English football having had spells at Sheffield United and Hull City, playing 7 matches for The Tigers in their promotion from the Championship last season. Billy Davies has reiterated that strengthening the squad is absolutely vital for Forest this January, if they are serious about promotion.
And on a side note, the player does come with his own highlights reel - A must watch for all football fans.
2) Derby County have reportedly lost out to Champions League finalist Borussia Dortmund in a transfer battle over Finish international Tim Vayrynen. According to reports in Finland, the 20-year-old picked a two and a half year contract at the Westfalenstadion over an offer to play under Steve McClaren at the iPro Stadium. It is expected that the exciting talent will start in the Dortmund second team, before being handed the chance at play along side Reus and Gundogan in the first team.
3) According to reports in The Daily Mirror, former £5m Tottenham Hotspur flop Alan Hutton has turned down a move to Huddersfield Town after disagreeing with the terms of Villa's pay-off. The Scotland international still earns around £30,000-a-week at Villa Park and manager Paul Lambert is very keen to get him off the wage bill. If a financial agreement cannot be met, it looks likely that Hutton will still be a Villa player in February.
4) Another Aston Villa link to the Football League is their reported loan move for Wigan Athletic flop Grant Holt. The 32-year-old was tipped to be Wigan's key back to the Premier League, however, the move has been a poor decision by all parties, Holt scoring just two goals this season so far. Now it looks like former manager Paul Lambert could offer him a lifeline and another chance to play in the Premier League, despite murmurs of disapproval by Villa supporters. Holt is being tipped to under-go a medical today.
5) Sky Sports reports suggest that Brighton and Hove Albion could move to bring in striking duo Lewis Grabban from Bournemouth and Joe Mason from Cardiff.
Oscar Garcia is keen to bring in a replacement for outgoing striker Ashley Barnes and could pay up to £1m for Bournemouth's top goalscorer. Whilst Joe Mason looks like a real possibility, due to his chances of first team action being reduced even more because of the manager change at The Cardiff City Stadium.
image: © peterfuchs