A round up of key transfer rumours connected to Newcastle United.
Paris Saint-Germain boss Laurent Blanc has refused to rule out a move for Newcastle United midfielder Yohan Cabaye. Cabaye has been linked with several clubs this month, with a potential return to France suggested.
“Until January 31, no one closes the door. A transfer is a negotiation. The more a player is considered untransferable, the more likely it is that they will change teams,” said Blanc.
Remy Carbella continues to be suggested as a potential replacement for Newcastle should they decide to do a deal for Cabaye. Montpellier have reportedly made it clear that they expect at least a €20 million offer from Newcastle if the deal is going to happen.
One player Newcastle definitely won’t want to lose is attacking star Hatem Ben Arfa. The Daily Star has reported that the club are set to open talks with the Frenchman over a new long term contract, which will keep him tied down at St James Park for the foreseeable future.
Borussia Monchengladbach star Luuk De Jong says he’s open to a Newcastle United transfer. The 23-year-old has revealed he’s not having any fun currently playing for the German club.
“I can imagine going - I want to play longer than three to five minutes. It’s no fun,” he told the Chronicle.
Newcastle winger Jonas Gutierrez has signed for Norwich City on loan until the end of the season. The Argentinian has found first team football hard to come by at St James Park so far this season. It will be the second time he’s played under Chris Hughton.
Another player who could potentially leave the club this month is defender Steven Taylor. A Newcastle United blog has run a report suggesting Stoke City boss Mark Hughes is closely monitoring the defender’s situation at St James Park.
image: © jack_pickard