12 days down, 19 to go until the Transfer Window closes. Below are five of the biggest stories of the past 24 hours...
1) Manchester United want Spanish sensation Saul Niguez, write The Telegraph. Assistant coach Phil Neville undertook a scouting mission to watch the Spain under-21 international at the weekend in action for Rayo Vallecano. Niguez has been attracting attention also from Arsenal and Chelsea, and is owned by Atletico Madrid. Niguez is a versatile midfielder who has a contract until 2017, and he is not believed to be a target for this transfer window, with United checking up on him ahead of a potential summer offer.
2) The convoluted future of French winger Paul-Georges Ntep has been a tricky one to keep track of all day. The Auxerre man uploaded a photo of himself on a Eurostar to London on Saturday evening, with reports in France stating Arsenal were considering meeting his club's 8 million asking price.
Then Auxerre admitted receiving an offer from a 'major club' for Ntep, although it must also be noted that sides in France in Italy have also been linked with the French under-21 international.
Another development came when French under-17 international Ousmane Dembele of Rennes tweeted that Arsenal were set to buy Ntep, and then loan him to Rennes for the rest of the season.
@SChetAntoine arkip il est transféré a arsenal est il est directemen prête a rennes— Ousmane Dembele (@ousdu27) January 12, 2014
All conceivable - until Rennes club president Frédéric de Saint-Sernin spoke to French newspaper Ouest-France to dismiss the rumours as just that.
He said: "It is not anything! Rumors are like rabbits, they should be allowed to run."
Arsenal have not yet commented on the links to Ntep. We suspect this one will keep developing given the rapid pace it has done over the past 24 hours.
3) Manchester United have been linked with a sensational, and possibly improbable move for Paul Pogba. The central midfielder left Old Trafford on a free 18 months ago, and The Express report him to be worth a minimum of £30 million. The paper write: "Moyes has been alerted to news that Pogba is unsettled in Italy and would be open to a move back to the Premier League." However this one seems overly ambitious, mainly thanks t the huge desire of Paris St Germain to bring Pogba back to France. The French champions would likely outbid United and offer him better wages, while only last week it was claimed Juventus are poised to offer him a bumper new contract to try and convince him to stay.
4) One player it appears will be rejoining his former clubs is Benfica star Nemanja Matic. Reports in his native Serbia after their win over Porto stated the midfielder will complete a move back to his former side on Tuesday. The proposed fee is €35 million. Matic was sold by Chelsea two seasons ago as part of the deal to sign David Luiz, who will find his own midfield opportunities limited if Matic completes a move.
SkySports last night hinted a deal was not quite done, and that instead Chelsea had submitted an offer of £20 million.
5) Manuel Pellegrini has issued a denial that Joleon Lescott will sign for West Ham on loan. Speaking after City's 2-0 win at Newcastle, the Chilean manager said: "No, no. I am not talking about any loan. I repeat, when this transfer window is over at the end of January, we will see what happens. At the moment, Joleon will stay here with the team." West Ham brought in League One defender Roger Johnson on loan last week to help their relegation battle.
image: © Mypouss