Hull City set to recall Jack Hobbs from Nottingham Forest after Reading bid, Sunderland striker Connor Wickham talks on Sheffield Wednesday future after their win against Leeds United win, Brighton in for Derby County misfit and Wolverhampton Wanderers in talks with striker.
1) Nottingham Forest's transfer saga with defender Jack Hobbs took another twist yesterday, with Reading having a bid accepted for the player. Steve Bruce admitted to talks over Hobbs' future with counterpart Billy Davies last week, but said Reading's bid was substantial and now Nottingham Forest would have to match it to keep their man. Hobbs has been influential in Nottingham Forest's top 6 position and it would be a huge loss, especially to a promotion rival.
2) Brighton have become surprise contenders in the Conor Sammon race. Derby County are reportedly keen for the player to leave, either on loan or a permanent deal to free up some wages for new players to come in. The Evening Herold reported that promotion rivals Brighton could come in for the player on an initial loan deal and with Chelsea striker Patrick Bamford arriving at the iPro stadium last week, it could open up the door for the Ireland international to leave.
3) Sheffield Wednesday have made a bold move in the transfer market, signing USA international Oguchi Onyewu. The athletic centre half was signed by Queens Park Rangers earlier this season, but failed to make a first-team appearance for the Hoops. Wednesday will be buoyed by their emphatic 6-0 win over promotion candidates Leeds and are now looking to climb further up the league. It could be a kick-start for the American defender, who still holds hopes of securing a World Cup place.
4) Wolverhampton Wanderers are in deep talks with Wigan Athletic striker Nouha Dicko, although they could face competition from five other clubs. The French forward showed exciting form on his loan spell at Rotherham, scoring five goals in as many games, including a brace against Wolves themselves. Kenny Jackett is keen to strengthen his front line after missing out on main target Nahki Wells, who has just signed for Huddersfield Town for a record transfer fee.
5) Sunderland striker Connor Wickham talked about his Sheffield Wednesday future after their impressive 6-0 win over Leeds United yesterday. The former Ipswich Town striker admitted he was loving his time at Hillsbrough and when asked if he could extend his loan there until the end of the season, he commented:
''I want to play football and I've loved my time here. I've been here two and a half months now, i'm playing football, scoring goals and that's what I wanted to do.''
Although, I think it is fair to say that Sunderland may think twice before letting him out on loan again, especially in his current form. Wednesday are not the only club in for the player after rumblings of other Premier League and Championship clubs being interested in the England under-21 international.
image: © Niki Odolphie