Arsenal's never-ending search for a forward took upon a new turn last night as reports in Italy linked them with Sebastian Giovinco.
Sebastian Giovinco of Juventus idea for Arsenal after losing Walcott. Moved talks with his agent in these hours #AFC— Fabrizio Romano (@FabRomano21) January 9, 2014
Here are 10 facts about the Italian...
1) Sebastian Giovinco is 26-years-old and plays for Italian champions Juventus, but has made just two starts this season, plus 10 appearances from the bench.
2) His best position is as a second forward behind a main striker, potentially allowing him to complement Olivier Giroud, while he can also play out wide.
3) Giovinco has 17 international caps for Italy with one goal, but hasn't featured in a squad since June. He needs a January move to re-ignite his World Cup chances.
4) He has been contracted to Juventus since 2006, but played on loan out at Empoli and later part-owned by Parma where he played for two seasons before Juventus bought out his contract in 2012.
5) His best ever Serie A season came for Parma in 2011/12, where he scored 15 goals and provided 11 assists.
6) Giovinco is just 1 metre 64 tall, one of the smallest professional footballers in the world.
7) His agent once said he was worth 40 million, and deserved to be regarded alongside Javier Pastore and Alexis Sanchez.
8) He was handed his Juventus debut in 2007 when they were in Serie B, by manager Didier Deschamps, now France boss.
9) Giovinco scored against Chelsea last season as Juventus defeated them 3-0; Roberto di Matteo was sacked hours later.
10) He is known for his free kick taking skills, notably netting a superb set piece strike against AC Milan last season.
Check out Giovinco in action below:
image: © ell-r-brown