Arsenal, Newcastle United, Tottenham, Manchester City all feature.
Nine days down, 22 to go until the Transfer Window closes: Here are the five stories you need to know from the past 24 hours.
1) Arsenal have been linked with a deal for Juventus forward Sebastian Giovinco by Sky Italia. they report the Gunners have contacted Giovinco's agents and the club to sound out a move, possibly a loan. The attacker is nicknamed the 'Atomic Ant' in his homeland due to his diminutive stature and pace. The 26-year-old has made just two starts for Juventus this season, making a switch from Parma who had co-owned him in summer 2012. The attacker scored seven goals and provided six assists as Juventus won the Scudetto last season but has been mainly a substitute this campaign and is thought to be open to a move.
Sebastian Giovinco of Juventus idea for Arsenal after losing Walcott. Moved talks with his agent in these hours #AFC— Fabrizio Romano (@FabRomano21) January 9, 2014
2) Alvaro Morata continues to be linked with a loan switch from Real Madrid to Arsenal. Reports in Spanish newspaper AS claim that the forward's agent in travelling to London on Friday to hold talks with the Gunners and two other clubs. Tottenham and West Ham are the other two, although it would certainly be surprising if the Hammers beat the two North London clubs to his signature. Morata himself stated today he was open to a move if Madrid had no use for him. The Mirror report Real Madrid are softening their stance regarding the player and could well agree to a deal.
Carlo Ancelotti however spoke to dismiss the possibility after Real Madrid's Copa del Rey game last night with Osasuna, of which the forward played the final nine minutes. Inside Futbol report the Italian as saying: "Alvaro Morata will stay because I am happy with him and he hasn't asked to leave."
3) Manchester City have lodged a €45 million bid for Porto centre-back Eliaquim Mangala, according to reports in France. The defender has previously been touted for a transfer to both Manchester United and Chelsea. Mangala would be cup-tied for the Champions League, but would be a major asset in City's title push, strengthening a weak spot in their squad, if they can pull it off.
4) Yohan Cabaye could be sold for a cut-price £6 million deal in the summer if he does not move on this month, claim The Mirror. The paper cites a FIFA loophole which would enable the player to buyout part of his contract, which helped the club sign Jonas Gutierrez. It means Newcastle United could be tempted into a £20 million offer this month from interested parties. The club have not commented on the report, but whether true or not - expect a denial over the next 24 hours as the Toon seek to either dismiss it out of hand or create a smokescreen.
5) Manchester United and Liverpool transfer target Ivan Rakitic has hinted he will not be moving to the Premier League in January. Speaking in an interview with FourFourTwo magazine about his future, he replied 'maybe not for the time being', when quizzed about a transfer. Rakitic has a €40m release clause in his contract, which expires in June 2015. The Sevilla midfielder has scored 8 goals and provided 6 assists in La Liga this season.
image: © bianconero