Pochettino: No approaches for Shaw or Osvaldo

Osvaldo Azpilicueta Lamela

There have been no approaches for Dani Osvaldo or Luke Shaw, according to Southampton manager Mauricio Pochettino.

There have been no bids for Southampton's Italian forward Dani Osvaldo, or young full-back Luke Shaw, the club's boss confirmed on Thursday.

With nine days of the transfer having passed, Mauricio Pochettino was asked whether there had been any moves for his players, namely Shaw and Osvaldo.

The Daily Mirror had suggested that Shaw remains a target for Chelsea, with The Express also claiming that the youngster was a target for Manchester United.

Osvaldo was linked by Italian paper TuttoSport with a loan switch to join Walter Mazzarri's Inter Milan side, with speculation suggesting that the controversial Italian was unhappy at Southampton.

Osvaldo is currently enduring a three-match ban for violent conduct in a dugout brawl at the end of a 1-1 draw away at Newcastle United's St. James' Park.

Pochettino rubbished talk of either leaving the club, simply reiterating what he had said previously regarding Shaw, who the Argentine remains adamant has no desire to leave Southampton.

The former Argentina international, who managed Dani Osvaldo during his tenure as manager of Espanyol, remains confident that Osvaldo is happy and the rumour is false.

"Dani's very happy here, he’s very content," Pochettino told the BBC.

“We have no news on offers being made for Luke Shaw or Dani Osvaldo, so there is nothing for me to comment on.”

image: © thearcticblues

Register for HITC Sport - Daily Dispatch