Nomura secured a record number of #1 rankings across its business, demonstrating impressive growth in market share and client connectivity. As a firm, Nomura was ranked as the second ‘most improved’ counterparty in Emerging Markets trading, sales and research out of 17 banks.
The Eleonora survey examines 100 of the top brokers in Emerging Markets and is the most comprehensive survey for Emerging Market trading and research. Nomura’s achievements in the survey include:
- · #1 Latin America Corporate Trading
- · #1 Latin America Research
- · #1 Latin America High Yield Sovereign Trading (Argentina & Venezuela)
- · #1 Emerging Markets Foreign Exchange
- · #1 Emerging Markets Rates Ideas & Strategy
- · #1 European Periphery Bond Trading (Greece, Portugal, Spain & Italy)
- · #1 Asia Corporate Research
- · #2 Asia High Yield Trading
- · #2 Latin America Economics Research
- · #3 Middle East & North Africa Corporate Trading
Steven Ashley, Head of Global Markets at Nomura, said: 'Nomura's Emerging Markets Research and Trading teams are comprised of industry experts covering all major regions. In these challenging markets, Nomura is increasingly seen as a key strategic partner by our leading asset management and hedge fund clients. Emerging Markets corporate research and trading is a major area of growth in the global capital markets and one of increasing importance to our clients'.
As the leading Asia-based investment bank with an integrated global platform, Nomura is uniquely placed to deliver thought leadership and expertise in a dynamic market segment and is consistently recognized by clients for its market insight, strategic advice and efficient execution.