Five days down, 26 to go until the Transfer Window closes. Here's the five big stories you need to know from the past 24 hours...
1) Arsenal want to sign Mario Mandzukic, report several sources including The Express. The Bayern Munich striker's place is under threat from the impending arrival of Robert Lewandowski, who confirmed his transfer from Borussia Dortmund over the weekend. Croatian striker Mandzukic has 10 goals in 16 Bundesliga games this season but now faces an unknown future. Valued at £20 million, a transfer before next summer is almost impossible, especially to the team Bayern Munich face in the Champions League last 16. Manchester United are also linked with his signature by the Express.
2) Speaking of Robert Lewandowski, Real Madrid offered a staggering €81 million to the striker and his agents with a six-year-contract on the table, reported German newspaper Der Spiegel. Even that amount was unsuccessful in dissuading him from signing a pre-contract agreement with Bayern Munich.
3) Manchester United have been linked with a sensational approach to Chelsea for Kevin de Bruyne. TribalFootball report that David Moyes feels the £25 million price tag the Blues have placed on the player is still good value. They claim his assistant Kevin Lumsden scouted the Belgian while he was at Genk before moving to Chelsea and are ready to approach the London club over a deal. Italian website Tuttomercatoweb also report United's interest in De Bruyne. The talented midfielder has been out of favour under Jose Mourinho, and was not included in Chelsea's FA Cup win over Derby County at the weekend. David Moyes' comments about it being difficult to acquire big targets however makes this one tough to see going through mid-season, with Chelsea unlikely to want to sell to a club they consider a rival.
4) Newcastle United are planning to re-ignite their interest in striker Luuk de Jong, report SkySports. The Dutchman was a target for them two summers ago, but signed for Borussia Moenchengladbach instead. He has struggled for form this season, and Newcastle are said to be keen to revisiting the possibility of signing him, this time on loan with a view to a permanent move. Sky report the Toon are 'confident' over being able to pull off a deal.
5) Stoke City are hoping to sign John Guidetti, report SkySports. The Manchester City striker has seen his career stall since a prolific 2011/12 on loan at Feyenoord, missing almost all of last season due to injury. The Swede has been scoring for City's under-21 side, and Mark Hughes wants to bring him to Stoke on loan for the rest of the season, and have already made an approach.
image: © wonker