We bring you a fact-file on the talented youngster who made his debut against Chelsea this afternoon.
Liverpool have been beaten by Chelsea at Stamford Bridge and they will now go into the New Year behind Merseyside rivals Everton - who defeated Southampton 2-1 at Goodison Park this afternoon.
Liverpool were a little thin on the ground today after a hectic winter schedule - and therefore had young players on the bench once again.
Jordan Rossiter was on the bench while Brad Smith entered the fray on the hour mark.
So what can we tell you about Liverpool’s debutant?
Here are five facts about the talented youngster…
1) Despite being an England youth international Smith was actually born in Penrith, Australia on the 9th April 1994.
2) Smith was spotted whilst Liverpool tracked the progress of fellow young left-back Jack Robinson - as they both attended the Chesterfield High School in Crosby.
3) Smith is a left-back but because of his marauding ability and blistering pace he can also play on either wing. Without trying to jinx him … a little bit like Gareth Bale.
4) Smith may have now made the breakthrough - but last campaign was troublesome. He spent 10 months of the season out injured with an anterior cruciate ligament injury - to which he only made his return in October.
5) Smith has played for England at Under-17 level but because of his Australian background he is reportedly being looked at by the Australian national team. Reports this weekend suggested that Ange Postecoglou is looking to investigate his eligibility and form ahead of the World Cup next summer.
image: © Ben Sutherland