In an article entitled, Messi to Paris, it is possible! the newspaper list the reasons why the Parc des Princes side may have the inside track to capture the current Ballon d’Or holder’s signature.
Here is their rhetoric:
1. His relationship with the club is not as close as it was. Messi has had tax issues in recent months and has also been involved in a rant against one of the Barcelona directors.
On top of that, wonderkid Brazilian Neymar was signed and could be seen as a replacement for the Argentinian superstar.
2. PSG can afford him. The French club are one of the only clubs in the world who could afford Messi’s transfer fee.
3. The PSG project is the most exciting project in Europe. PSG are clearly a club on the up and Messi’s arrival could signal the impending pinnacle of their success.
4. Zlatan Ibrahimovic does get along with Messi and they’d function well together in Paris. Despite Zlatan’s ego, he has claimed Messi is the best player in the world on a number of occasions.
5. The owner Nasser al-Khelaifi stated that he wants the best player in the world at his club. Upon his arrival he said ”We want the new Messi. Waiting to find the easiest way is to take the real Messi.”
Despite their reasons, Messi leaving Barcelona would be a massive shock given his affiliation with the Catalan club.
image: © globalite