16 days down, 15 to go until the Transfer Window opens. Here's our midnight round-up of the big transfer stories...
1) Manchester United were 'deadly serious' on re-signing Cristiano Ronaldo in the summer, report The Mail. The paper claims the Red Devils were looking at the possibility of re-signing the Ballon d'Or hopeful until he made the decision mid-summer to extend his contract to 2018. The paper add the Marco Reus remains on David Moyes' radar for a January deal. The paper claim United's ambition should encourage fans that they could yet pull off a stunning deal in the upcoming transfer window.
2) Manchester City are poised to sign two youngsters, according to reports. The first is a 15-year-old Danish goalkeeper Kjetil Haug, who recently spent time on trial at rivals Manchester United. The second is FIFA under-17 World Cup star Kelechi Iheanacho, who has reportedly agreed a switch pending a work permit. The Nigerian has recently been called up into the senior squad and is even tipped as an outsider to make next summer's World Cup. Reports in Africa claim he has left a training camp with the national team to fly to Manchester to finalise the deal.
3) Zenit St Petersburg forward Hulk has re-ignited transfer links with Chelsea by declaring he wants to leave the club. Russian newspaper Izvestia report that he has told club superiors of his intention to move, citing a lack of competition. He has the perfect chance to put himself in the shop window in the Champions League last 16, where Zenit have been drawn today with Borussia Dortmund. Chelsea were linked strongly with Hulk in 2011 before he signed for €50m in Russia and their need for a striker makes them a logical fit but there will be surely dozens of interested clubs, with Monaco likely to show an interest.
4) AC Milan defender Cristian Zapata has dismissed talk he could move to Manchester United in January. The Colombian was quizzed after AC Milan's draw with AS Roma this evening in Serie A, and responded: "No, I do not know anything. I just think at Milan, I have a contract until 2016 and I want to stay here."
5) Former Tottenham Hotspur target Leandro Damiao has finally sealed his transfer to Brazilian club Santos. The striker's transfer from Internacional is quoted at a fee of £13 million. Damiao was prolific for Brazil at the Olympic Games, and had a superb 2012 season, but has seen his form dip in 2013, with European clubs dimming their interest in the 24-year-old. Further interesting developments for Tottenham involve The Telegraph reporting AS Monaco's interest in signing Kyle Walker, stating the Ligue 1 club are considering making a lucrative offer in January but do not discuss how much.
image: © gordonflood