13 days down, 18 to go until the Transfer Window opens. Here is our midnight run through of the top five transfer stories of the day.
1) Barcelona striker Antonio Sanabria aims to complete a transfer to Arsenal within the next week. The 17-year-old is already a Paraguayan international, but had become disillusioned with his chance of progression at Barcelona and has officially informed them of the desire to move on. His contract expires in 2015 but he has a release clause of just €3 million. The Mirror report his agent Raul Verdu as saying: "Our contacts with Arsenal are advanced and I expect a solution in the next week." Italian league leaders AS Roma remain hopeful of his signature. The teenager has four goals in three UEFA Youth League matches this season.
2) Fredy Guarin to Manchester United transfer rumours have taken a new twist, with it claimed by The Telegraph that Inter Milan are prepared to swap him for Javier Hernandez. Inter are in need of a forwar with veteran Diego Milito looking to move on, and Inter have the prestige which could tempt Hernandez. United's need for a midfielder is well documented and 27-year-old Guarin could fit the bill. However a month-long injury to Robin van Persie is likely to at least put any swap deal on ice until mid-January when the Dutchman returns as Chicharito will be needed as cover.
3) Tottenham Hotspur midfield enforcer Etienne Capoue has revealed he snubbed the chance to join Liverpool in 2011. The Telegraph report the Frenchman had the opportunity to join but chose to stay in France to further his career with Toulouse, finally moving on this summer. He faces Liverpool on Sunday, and could play as a makeshift defender as he did last weekend, and has the unenviable task of facing red hot Luis Suarez. Ironically while Tottenham's midfield options are so plentiful they can afford to use Capoue as a defender, Liverpool's are scarce due to injuries to Gerrard and Henderson and the Frenchman is just the sort of player they could do with right now.
4) One player who could be heading to Liverpool is sensational FC Basel winger Mohamed Salah. The 21-year-old Egyptian hit two winners in the Champions League over Chelsea this season, but his side failed to qualify for the knockout phase increasing the chance he could be tempted into a January switch. The Mail report Liverpool want him to strengthen their attacking options and are preparing a £12 million bid. Salah has recently been linked with Manchester United and Tottenham.
5) A website founded by Glenn Hoddle is claiming an exclusive that former Spurs man Clint Dempsey has agreed a short-term loan to return to Fulham in January. Dempsey scored freely at Craven Cottage and was a fan favourite until he departed in acrimonious circumstances. Fulham's poor form and desire to escape a relegation dogfight may see supporters more willing to hand him a second chance. Dempsey is contracted to MLS side Seattle Sounders and the loan would be just during the off-season in January and February, similar to Landon Donovan's spells with Everton in the past and Thierry Henry with Arsenal.
image: © jpvargas