Manchester United, Arsenal, Everton, Newcastle, and Chelsea feature.
TRANSFER CLOCK: 12 days down, 19 to go until the Transfer Window opens. Here is our midnight round-up of the top five stories from the past 24 hours.
1) David Moyes was in Spain watching the Atletico Madrid v Porto game last night, and it was initially reported Koke was the purpose of his mission. We ran an article earlier today on five alternative players the Manchester United manager could have been watching, and one could be a go-er, according to reports this evening.
The Mirror write that Eliaquim Mangala was the man at the top of Moyes' list, the centre-back with a £42 million release clause. The Frenchman once broke the ankle of Arsenal defender Kieran Gibbs while at Standard Liege, but the 22-year-old has blossomed into one of the most highly rated defenders in Europe at Porto.
Chelsea have been recently linked with him, but the latest report states David Moyes wants to bring him in as he is unconvinced by Chris Smalling, and Rio Ferdinand could leave at the end of the season. The paper claim United want Mangala's signature at £15 million, far below his release clause which is to be expected, but a report in The Metro last month stated Porto want £30 million for him. We feel United would be pushing their luck to go in so low as Porto are in no rush to sell.
2) Reported Chelsea target Radamel Falcao has dismissed suggestions he wants to leave Monaco. In an interview at an autograph signing session he told reporters he and his wife were happy in the principality, and thanked Claudio Ranieri and the whole club for helping him settle since his £53 million move.
"I also want to thank the club that has always behaved very well with me. People who are at my side know very well that I am very well in Monaco and that everything goes well with the club."
The Express had earlier claimed a transfer to Chelsea was on, but their report was similar to an article published in the French press over a week ago and appears outdated in light of Falcao's comments today.
3) West Ham midfielder Mark Noble has emerged as a shock transfer target for Everton and Newcastle. Talksport claimed the story as an exclusive this evening. In our opinion Sam Allardyce would be mad to let Noble go, who is one of if not the most consistent performer in midfield and is needed more than ever considering Kevin Nolan's dip in form.
4) Iker Casillas has reportedly made the bold claim that Arsenal are his preferred destination if he decides to move on from Real Madrid next summer. Spanish newspaper El Confidencial broke the story, with it claimed Arsene Wenger would prefer the two-times Champions League winner to Wojciech Szczesny. They stress there is no likelihood of a deal this January however with Casillas determined to stick it out at the Bernabeu until the end of the season to see if the situation changes at the club where he has spent his entire career so far.
5) Newcastle United are chasing Sporting Lisbon winger Diego Capel, report The Newcastle Journal. Capel has been linked over the past 12 months with Tottenham and Liverpool, but Newcastle's desire to replace Jonas Gutierrez is pushing them to consider a January deal. The 25-year-old Spaniard has two goals and three assists in 12 games so far this season. Sporting are said to be open to offers of £5 million upwards.
image: © dioxido