Arsenal may have lost in the San Paolo but avoided elimination by keeping the score to two goals.
Here are five interesting stats from the game...
1) Despite the pressure at one end from Napoli, Olivier Giroud (5) won more aerial battles at his end of the pitch than any Arsenal defender.
2) Nacho Monreal had just 10 touches when he came on but managed to create one goalscoring opportunity.
3) Mathieu Flamini made five interceptions, more than the rest of the Arsenal midfield put together.
4) Mikel Arteta may have been sent off, but no Arsenal player was fouled more time than he was (4).
5) Per Mertesacker and Laurent Koscielny did not win a single tackle between them.
image: © wonker