Barcelona produce some of the best young players in Europe who get a chance to gain experience and shine through the B team structure at the club.
Unfortunately for Barca, the more consistent and impressive youngsters in the B team grab attention from other big sides around Europe with the means to pay youngsters more than the Spanish champions can afford.
Arsenal and Chelsea are two clubs reportedly keen on signing the talented teenager and both clubs with infrastructures well suited to making him a better player as he heads towards his 20s.
Arsene Wenger has a proven track record of taking teenagers and turning them into top class players while Jose Mourinho at Chelsea has proven true to his word in terms of giving younger players a chance this season.
Here are five facts about the youngster both clubs are raving over.
1) He’s a 17-year-old, five feet 11 inches striker with a record of two goals in eight performances for the Barcelona B team this season.
2) He’s been at Barcelona since 2009, when he joined the club from previous side La Blanca Subur CF.
3) He has only ever played for three clubs during his career; Cerro Porteno, La Blanca and Barcelona B.
4) He’s already played for Paraguay at three different levels of international football; under-17, under-20 and three caps for the senior team.
5) He made his professional debut for Barcelona in September last year in a 1-0 Barcelona defeat against Real Mallorca.
image: © mariosp