Here's what Arsenal fans have had to say:
1. 'We don't really need another out-and-out striker, as we score more goals from midfield and play as a rotating 5 up front to good effect'.
2. 'Yes I'd have RVP and Song back at Arsenal in an instant. What the RVP haters are forgetting is that it only takes one knock to Olivier Giroud and we'll be looking at either Bendtner or Sanogo up front.
I'd have them both back in a heartbeat, though I'd prefer Suarez personally. More prolific (recently anyway), younger and less injury prone. But RVP feeding off Ozil's passes would be magic'.
3. 'Judas van Persie is getting what he deserves, and Song is not needed'.
4. 'Arsenal haven't won anything yet. It was nothing personal them leaving - it was only business. Bring 'em back and win some trophies'.
5. 'Song is not good enough. RVP stabbed us in the back after the the manager and the fans were patiently waiting for him to overcome his injury problems, so that's a no (even though he's an amazing footballer).
6. 'I don't wanna see RVP in an Arsenal shirt anymore!! However I have to defend Song, who always said that he didn't want to leave and that he was happy at Arsenal. I think we don't necessarily need him back, though, because our midfield is dynamite, but don't judge him wrong. I still like Song very much!'
7. 'Neither will come back. When Arsene re-signed Flamini, he made the point that it is not something he would normally do. But Flamini worked hard to convince Wenger to take him back. I cannot see either Song or Van Persie having that kind of humility'.
8. 'If RVP hadn't left then would we even have gone for Ozil ? I've not been able to watch him in Man U shirt. His move ruined football for me for a while. I thought he was going to be another Bergkamp. A future legend. But his total lack of loyalty and class destroyed that.
Song ? Please God, no . He was a liability and not a patch on Flamini / Arteta / Ramsey'.
9. 'I honestly don't think either deserve to come back; they didn't want to stick with us through the tough times so almost certainly do not deserve to share in our successes'.
image: © cactusbeetroot