Seven days gone, 24 to go until the Transfer Window re-opens... Here is our midnight run through of the five big stories of the day.
1) Spanish newspaper Marca report that Real Madrid have accepted an offer for €35 million from AS Monaco for Angel di Maria. The winger was linked with a move to Manchester United just last month, by The Mirror. The Argentine has taken on a secondary role at the club since Gareth Bale's return from injury. However there is one caveat, the paper state that manager Carlo Ancelotti has yet to sanction the move, and the Italian has always been a big supporter of the player publicly.
2) David Moyes has spoken out on claims Robin van Persie handed in a transfer request at Manchester United last week. The Scotsman said after the club's 0-1 loss to Newcastle, "That is absolute nonsense, I don't know what harder or tougher word I could say but that's as good as I've got," reported The Independent. However to take a cynical perspective, did anybody expect him to come out and confirm it? Meanwhile, more bad news for the Red Devils comes in the form of reports on the continent that Chelsea are planning a move for central defender target Ezequiel Garay.
3) Stevan Jovetic will be denied a loan move back to Italy in January, report The Mirror. The paper claim the player has 'not settled well' in Manchester, but the club are confident he will adjust once he overcomes his injury problems and begins playing regularly. Both Inter Milan and Roma have been linked with a move for the former Fiorentina ace.
4) Fulham have confirmed they will sell Dimitar Berbatov in January, write The Metro, after the player's agent announced his client's intention to move on. The Bulgarian's new manager at the club, Rene Meulensteen said he will 'not stand in the way', of any of his player's ambitions. The paper go onto state Tottenham are interested, although offer no evidence to support such claims. Turkish side Trabzonspor are also said to want the former Manchester United forward, who has even been linked to Arsenal and Barcelona over the past month.
5) Michy Batshuayi has spoken out on claims Arsenal want to sign him, encouraging a move. The striker, who scored 10 goals in his last 10 games ahead of being linked with a switch last week - told the Belgian press the Gunners are one of his two dream clubs, along with Borussia Dortmund, because of their proven pedigree in terms of developing young players. His club president at Standard Liege has said however the 20-year-old Belgian is not for sale in January.
image: © jansolo09