Liverpool have a rich tradition of bringing young talent through to the first team fold - and under Brendan Rodgers it seems that philosophy is again being championed.
But in the global game today the net is cast far wider than Stanley Park for top footballing talent to make their name on Merseyside.
And the Polish press today have linked one of their nation’s top talents with a switch to Liverpool.
16-year-old Lech Poznan winger Milosz Kozak is apparently on their radar.
So what can we tell you about the kid?
1) Kozak is described as a left winger by trade but is also said to be flexible - capable of playing on the right hand side and also in a deeper central position.
2) He is currently a member of the Polish under-17 outfit and scored in a recent qualifying match against Macedonia.
3) He has also represented his nation at under-15 and under-16 level.
4) Liverpool scout Mel Johnson has been quoted in the Polish press as saying this of the teenage talent:
“Milosz is one of the most talented players which we observe in Poland. If we make a deal with the club, Milosz receives a chance to develop and perhaps even play in the Premier League. We associate great hopes with this player.”
5) Liverpool are not the only team hunting this talented youngster. Italian outfit Chievo Verona are also hoping to steal him away from Lech Poznan.
However surely he wouldn’t be able to refuse the chance to train at Melwood.
image: © polandmfa