Manchester United fans saw two of their loanees go up against each other when Jesse Lingard's Birmingham went up against Federico Macheda's Doncaster in the Championship last night.
There was no winner as the game ended 1-1, but Lingard was the player who caught the eye, showing just what an important player he is, and why he is in with a real chance of success when he eventually returns to Old Trafford.
Here are five key stats from his display:
1) Nobody on the pitch created more chances than Lingard did, his three key passes matched only by two players.
2) Lingard completed 88 per cent of his passes, a higher percentage than anybody else on the pitch.
3) He completed four successful dribbles, the same number as the entire Doncaster team.
4) Lingard had three shots on goal, again this was the joint highest of any player.
5) Lingard attempted more crosses than any other midfielder or forward player on the pitch with seven, three of which finding teammates.
image: © Nasmac