To be played on Tuesday 3rd December 2013 at 20:00. Venue: Selhurst Park, London.
Crystal Palace are unbeaten in two, with four points gained out of a possible six in the past fortnight.
Tony Pulis will be looking for his first win as Palace boss, but the sight of opponents West Ham will not be a welcome one for him.
His record against the Hammers is played 14, won four, drawn two and lost eight. His Stoke side scored just 10 goals in that time and lost 19.
West Ham boss Sam Allardyce will be delighted his side ended their run of four games without a win to beat Fulham at the weekend, to lift the pressure on his side and himself.
However a loss away to Palace will see the Hammers dragged back into the mire, so he will be keen for the team to continue where they left off on Saturday.
Allardyce has never lost to Palace on the four occasions his various sides have faced them, winning twice and drawing twice.
Here are seven interesting stats ahead of the fixture:
- The battle of the air: Palace have won 57 per cent of their aerial duels this season, compared to West Ham's 47 per cent.
- West Ham have scored just nine goals from open play this season, but that's prolific compared to Palace's three.
- Both sides average the same number of fouls committed per match (11), the same average number of blocked shots (3.5), and even an equal number of passes per game (398).
- Mohamed Diame is the player to keep an eye on tonight, a goalscorer at the weekend, he averages a higher number of shots per game (2.4) than any other player in the two sides.
- West Ham have won just one of their last 11 Premier League away games.
- In the last four matches between the two sides, Crystal Palace are unbeaten, with two wins and two draws. The last time West Ham beat Palace was back in 2003.
- Palace are the most prolific tacklers in the Premier League, averaging 22.8 per game, while West Ham rank 16th, recording 17.8 per game.