One day of December down, now 30 left until the Transfer Window re-opens. Here is our midnight run through of the top five transfer stories of the day...
1) Napoli are set to rival Arsenal and Manchester United for German starlet Julian Draxler. Italian newspaper Corriere dello Sport claim that Rafa Benitez has made the attacking midfielder a top objective for next summer. However it appears to be The Gunners who are in pole position, with Norwegian journalist and former footballer Jan Aage Fjortoft stating Arsenal are 'big favourites'for the deal, and that Arsene Wenger speaks 'often' to the Schalke playmaker.
2) Everton have been told they cannot sign Landon Donovan on loan this January by LA Galaxy. Manager Bruce Arena has put his foot down and stated 'our players are not going anywhere', due to the tough season they have just endured. That also includes Robbie Keane, also linked with a return to the Premier League. Donovan had been loaned to Everton twice previously, and The Mirror had claimed on Friday that a third spell was close to being agreed.
3) Arsenal are preparing to make a bid for Manchester City defender Micah Richards, report The Star. Richards could be an ideal replacement for Bacary Sagna, like the Frenchman also able to play centre-back. The paper claim this deal could have legs because Richards has 18 months left on his contract, and is stalling over a new deal because he is not a first choice. While we can't see this one happening mid-season, intrigue may come from the fact Richards grew up an Arsenal fan.
4) Chelsea's Nathaniel Chalobah has been having a miserable time at Nottingham Forest, starting just four games. The teenager enjoyed a superb loan period at Watford last season and was hoping for more of the same, but it has not worked out. When this deal expires in late September, The Mirror report that fellow Championship club Leeds United have identified the youngster to aid their promotion push. Currently they sit in seventh in the division.
5) Manchester United have been linked with a move for Turkish goalkeeper Onur Kivrak, of Trabzonspor. The Metro write that the Red Devils are preparing to bid £5 million for the stopper, who would take over from Anders Lindegaard as back-up to David de Gea. Kivrak is 25 and a Turkish international. Lindegaard was last week linked with AC Milan.
image: © Albumen