Yesterday saw the agent of 18-year-old Dinamo Bucharest forward Dorin Rotariu announce that several teams in the Premier League were interested in the player - big teams as well.
"Mourinho knows him, and Villa-Boas knows him, and David Moyes. He is the first on the list when Chelsea, Tottenham and Manchester United are looking for youth."
Obviously these are massive statements to make and he shares an agent with Ciprian Marica and Vlad Chiriches who is known to sometimes be slightly over zealous with his comments - so take it with a pinch of salt.
But what can we tell you about the young man being linked with Chelsea, Tottenham and Manchester United.
Here are five facts about Dorin Rotariu…
1) Interestingly for a man who plays so far up the pitch Rotariu traditionally wears the number three shirt for Dinamo Bucharest.
2) His team-mates at Dinamo have a familiar nickname for the player. They call him ‘RVP’ because of his vicious left-foot strike and his apparent physical resemblance to the Manchester United star.
3) The 18-year-old has one cap for the Romanian under-21 side which he made in August of this year against Cyprus.
4) He actually only signed for Dinamo this summer as a free agent. He started his career at ACS Poli Timisoara and was on loan at Dinamo from 2012. His contract with ACS expired in the summer and he signed a six-year deal with the Romanian powerhouses this summer.
5) This season has been a resounding success for the player. In seven starts for the team he has bagged five goals - which has alerted big teams to his signature.
Here he is in action …
image: © samlkelly