Luis Suarez has sounded his club out about the potential 17-year-old Kevin Mendez
Liverpool are monitoring the progress of Penarol teenager Kevin Mendez after Luis Suarez spoke very highly of the striker.
Mendez came to prominence in the Under-17 World Cup, in which Uruguay reached the quarter-final stage. Here a five facts about the young striker:
1) Mendez could be available for as little as £3 million from Penarol.
2) He has already been scouted by Barcelona, Atletico Madrid, and Inter Milan as well as Liverpool
3) If Mendez did end up joining Liverpool he would be the third Uruguayan on their books, along with Suarez and Sebastian Coates.
4) His current club, Penarol, are the reigning champions of Uruguay, and sold his compatriot Guillermo Varela to Manchester United in the summer.
5) One of his current teammates is Marcelo Zalayeta, the former Juventus and Napoli striker.
Here is a clip of Kevin Mendez's talents for club and country.
Can Suarez convince Mendez that the best move for him would be to Liverpool?
image: © jikatu