Reports in Croatia suggest that the Premier League giants are ready to go toe-to-toe for the signing of 17-year-old Robert Muric.
The future of Croatian football looks exceedingly bright, with some of the international stars of tomorrow seemingly making their way in the game at Dinamo Zagreb.
Alen Halilovic has become a household name after shooting to fame with impressive displays, with the likes of Tottenham and Bayern Munich thought to be battling it out for the attacking midfielder’s signature.
Croatian newspaper Jutarnji Iist have claimed that both of the Premier League giants have been keeping tabs on the teenage forward, with the pair ready to splash €6 million on the prospect.
The eastern European daily are suggesting that Muric has what it takes to be the first Croatian player to set out for the Old Trafford outfit, while the Blues are also keen on the teenage sensation.
But what do we know about Muric?
- The attacker caught the eye for Croatia under-17’s at the age-grade World Cup earlier this year, playing three games and getting one goal against Morocco.
- He is left footed, and has built his burgeoning reputation due to exemplary technique, vision and skill.
- Despite being left-footed, he is used predominantly on the right wing. He can also operate on the left or as a number ten.
- Muric has been playing for the age-grade sides at Dinamo, and is yet to make his debut for the senior side.
- His contract is due to expire this summer, where he will have a decision to make in where he signs his first senior deal.
- Borussia Dortmund have also been linked with Muric in the recent past.
Here is his goal against Morocco in the under-17 World Cup earlier this year:
image: © birdies-perch