Marouane Fellaini's slow start to life at Manchester United has been well documented, with manager David Moyes admitting it has not gone to plan so far.
Michael Carrick's prolonged injury absence is now looking likely to hand him a regular spot in the starting line-up, so was there any improvement against Cardiff?
Fingers are naturally going to be pointed after the Red Devils slipped to a late 2-2 draw, but the Belgian was heavily involved throughout.
Here are some key stats from his display:
- Fellaini won more aerial duels (8) than any other player on the pitch.
- He touched the ball 75 times, only Chris Smalling and Peter Whittingham did so more, both 76.
- Fellaini's passing accuracy of 83 per cent was higher than any of his midfield teammates.
- He was also dispossessed three times, more so than any other United player.
- His four tackles was the joint highest, along with Smalling, of any United man.
So what did fans make of his performance? Here's a look via Twitter...
Looks like Fellaini hasn't solved any of United's midfield problems & Cleverley really needs to up his game. #MUFC— David Bryan (@DBryan85) November 24, 2013
People are having a go at Fellaini Really ? i thought he had one of his best game for us today #MUFC— RVP 20 (@rvp_2015) November 24, 2013
The united players were just way too weak today! Our midfield was shocking to be honest! I feel for Fellaini, he needs to pick up! #MUFC— MrRayRay (@Uncl3RaY) November 24, 2013
Whatever the view, our midfield isn't good enough to compete and the Fellaini signing poses more questions every time he plays. #mufc— Carl Taylor (@Merson17) November 24, 2013
A bad result today and everyone is blaming Moyes? What a joke! And give Fellaini time he will come good.. #MUFC— scott russell (@__scottrussell) November 24, 2013
Good performance from Fellaini today, shame about the result #MUFC— SirBobby MUFC (@MUFC_DEVOTEE) November 24, 2013
image: © joncandy