The Championship is running into the second third of the season this weekend and as the league takes shape, Stephen Pickerin takes a look at the interesting points over this weekends fixtures:
- GOALS – Bouremouth and Derby have seen more goals than any other teams in the championship this season. Derby County have scored 29, the highest in the league and conceded 23. Bournemouth on the other hand have struggled keeping the ball out of the net scoring 21 and conceded 30.
- LEAKY – This season both Yeovil and Doncaster have conceded the most shots per game in the division, and their televised match on Friday night should prove to be entertaining. Yeovil have the worst record in the league conceding on average 17.2 shots per game. Doncaster aren't quite as bad but still concede on average 16.5 shots per game.
- FRIENDLY FIRE – Huddersfield and Sheffield Wednesday are joint top of the league for the highest number of own goals scored this season, both with 2. This may be a concern for the goalkeepers who will have to watch all 21 players in front of them, rather than just the 11 opposition players.
- FOX IN THE BOX – Blackburn and Reading are the top 2 sides for creating shots inside the 6 yard box. Blackburn have registered 11% of their total shots from inside the 6 yard area, whereas Reading have registered 10% of their shots from the same area.
- ON THE FRONT FOOT – Ipswich and Leicester are two sides that like to play on the front foot and their highly contested match on Saturday will mean one side will have to adapt their style. Both sides have registered 34% of their play in the oppositions half this season, the highest in the division.
image: © eamoncurry