The Gunners do need some attacking support for Olivier Giroud this winter and according to some reports, Arsene Wenger has already been in touch with the French second division club over a possible move for their striker.
It could turn out to be a masterstroke and a great deal for the 21-year-old who has also attracted reported interest from Arsenal’s local rivals Tottenham Hotspur and fellow Premier League side Aston Villa.
Arsene Wenger has always had superb skill during his time at Arsenal when it comes to spotting talent, taking that player and turning him into a superstar envied by some of the biggest clubs around the globe.
Here are five facts about him.
1) He was born in Cameroon but has only ever played international football for France.
2) He actually had a trial with Auxerre as a youth player but failed to win a contract with the French team at the time.
3) He’s spent his entire senior career with Auxerre making 54 appearances for the senior side and the B team, scoring 11 goals in the process.
4) He’s played for France at four different levels of international football; under-18, under-19, under-20 and under-21. He’s scored seven goals for his country.
5) He’s scored three goals in eight appearances for Auxerre in the French second division so far this season.