Ukrainian winger Yevhen Konoplyanka has been linked with a move to several Premier League clubs by some newspaper reports, with sides on the continent also said to be expressing an interest in the 24-year old – with some even sending scouts to watch the World Cup play-off tie between Ukraine and France to study his performance closely.
A fee of around £15m could end up landing the player according to some reports, and he has been highly rated by several footballing figures that are well known in England such as Oleg Luzhny and Juande Ramos.
He isn’t a complete stranger to English football as he put in a very good performance and managed to get on the scoresheet for Ukraine in their 1-1 draw with England at Wembley during the World Cup qualification campaign.
Here are five interesting facts about the Ukraine international
1) Konoplyanka took up Karate from the age of seven, and even reached black belt.
2) He made his debut for Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk as an 83rd minute substitute in their Ukranian League match against Goverla-Zakarpattia Uzhgorod at the age of 17 and ten months in 2007.
3) He won his first cap for his country in a 4-0 friendly win against Lithuania in May 2010. He has since scored eight goals for his country.
4) He has won the Ukrainian Footballer of the Year prize on two occasions – in 2010 and in 2012.
5) He has so far scored 25 goals for his club having made 123 appearances.
image: © worldwide souvenirs