Barcelona starlet Neymar has once again been nominated for the annual FIFA Puskas Award.
The award, which is named in honour of former Real Madrid and Hungary international Ferenc Puskas, is handed out at the year’s Ballon d’Or gala to recognise the best goal of the calendar year.
Neymar, who has been on the shortlist in each of the last three editions, having also won it in 2011, is once again on the shortlist for the 2013 edition.
The youngster is nominated for his goal for Brazil against Japan in the Confederations Cup. It was the summer tournament’s opening goal.
The 10 nominees will be whittled down to three finalists on December 9 for a second public vote to determine a winner.
FIFA Puskas Award 2013 nominees
- Peter Ankersen – 10 August 2013 - Esbjerg fB v. Aarhus GF - SAS Ligaen (Denmark)
- Lisa De Vanna – 01 June 2013 - Sky Blue FC v. Boston Breakers – NWSL
- Antonio Di Natale – 07 April 2013 - Udinese Calcio v. AC Chievo Verona – Serie A
- Zlatan Ibrahimović – 13 November 2012 – Sweden v. England – International Friendly
- Panagiotis Kone – 16 December 2012 - SSC Napoli v. Bologna FC 1909 – Serie A
- Daniel Ludueña – 27 July 2013 – Pachuca CF v. Tigres UANL – Apertura Mexico
- Nemanja Matić – 13 January 2013 – SL Benfica v. FC Porto – Liga Sagres
- Louisa Nécib – 17 March 2013 - Olympique Lyonnais v. AS Saint-Etienne - D1 Féminine
- Neymar – 15 June 2013 – Brazil v. Japan – FIFA Confederations Cup
- Juan Manuel Olivera – 28 August 2013 - Nautico v. Sport Recife – Copa Sudamericana
image: © prettyfriendship