Here are five stats from the game to digest...
1) Tottenham's 31 attempts on goal was not quite the most in the Premier League this weekend, Liverpool had 32 in their 4-0 win over Fulham.
2) Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa completed 90 per cent of his passes, far more than his fellow defenders. Davide Santon (52 per cent), Mike Williamson (50 per cent), and Mathieu Debuchy (35 per cent).
3) Christian Eriksen was the only Spurs player to have 100 per cent of his shots on goal, on target (3 of 3).
4) Tim Krul's shot-stopping performance was immaculate, but just one of his 17 long balls upfield found a Newcastle teammate.
5) Christian Eriksen created nine goalscoring opportunities, twice as many as the whole Newcastle team (4).
image: © Кирилл Крыжановский