Here are five interesting stats to digest...
1) The defeat means Manchester City have now won just four points from six away games all season.
2) Manchester City had 24 shots on goal, but just four on target. Sunderland scored with one of just two efforts on target.
3) Samir Nasri created seven goalscoring opportunities, more than twice the number the entire Sunderland team made (3).
4) Jesus Navas made 15 crosses after coming on at half-time, but only found a teammate with two of them.
5) Manchester City had 14 corners, while Sunderland did not have a single one.
image: © Gabrielcorbachobermejo