We take a look at the 5 most interesting facts from games in the Championship this weekend:
1) Clinical without the ball – despite seeing less of the ball than any other side in the division on the day, Leeds United still managed to come away with an impressive 4-2 win, leaving Charlton manager Chris Powell frustrated.
2) Rammed! – Derby County produced the most shots on goal this weekend with an impressive 23 in total, Tottenham loanee Simon Dawkins being responsible for most of them. The quality in the final third was highlighted more in their 3-0 score line.
3) Pass Master – Despite being on the end of a 3-0 loss, Blackburn’s Tom Cairney was in great form and was the best passing player in the Championship on the day, edging out Will Hughes. 4 Key passes, 45 passes and a 91% pass accuracy was enough to win him the title.
4) Combative – Reeling after their defeat to Sheffield Wednesday in the previous week they clearly were told to show more grit against Promotion favourites QPR, and registered 30 successful tackles, the highest in the country on the day.
5) Dribble Master – Barnsley winger Patrick McCourt was shown to be the most fleet footed in the division on Saturday, making 6 successful dribbles on the day – one more than French flyer Anthony Knockaert
What did you notice this weekend?
image: © Chris Robertshaw