We take a look at the 5 biggest statistical talking points from the game.
1) Tame in possession – the Welsh side had the larger proportion of the ball with 57% to Aston Villa’s 43%.
2) Tackles key to success – Aston Villa showed that tackling still has key to success in the modern game and made in total 22 successful tackles, 3rd highest in the Premier League that day.
3) Benteke ‘triggerman’ - The Belgium frontman was busy in the game, having the joint 3rd highest most shots in the premier league this weekend, falling behind Coutinho and Suarez.
4) Set Piece Side – Cardiff created 1/3 of all their attempts on goal through set pieces, while Aston Villa only created 11% of theirs through this method.
5) Left Hand Side – Both sides opted down the left hand side as they looked to gain an edge an advantage on their opponents.
Anything missing? What stood out for you?
image: © ell-r-brown