The Daily Mirror has suggested that after snapping up Bertrand Traore last week, Chelsea are on the hunt for more young talent to add to their already strong and impressive youth ranks.
On the radar is a teenager from one of Jose Mourinho’s former clubs, Pedro Delgado, a teenager who has only just move to the Serie A giants with a deal done last summer.
In light of that transfer, it could be very difficult for Chelsea to convince him to jump ship so shortly after joining a new club but the West London side have plenty going for them in terms of the calibre of their club, youth ranks and what they could offer him as he grows up.
Jose Mourinho seems very keen to create a very stable youth system at Chelsea, capable of producing several first team players for the club in the coming years.
Here’s a little more about him.
1) He’s 16-years-old and plays on the left side of central midfield or down the left flank as a winger.
2) He moved to Inter Milan from second division Portuguese side Portimonense, signing a three-year deal.
3) Inter were courting him for two-years before the deal actually happened, with his father, the sporting director at Portimonense, commissioning the move.
4) He’s already been named in a Portuguese national side with the under-17s although he is yet to make his debut. He’s also played for the under-16 side.
5) He’s played just 24 minutes of football this season according to transfermarkt, which came in a single friendly game.
image: © batrax