Here are five stats from the game to digest...
1) Newcastle had 15 shots on goal to Chelsea's 13, but Chelsea had just 2 on target compared to Newcastle's 8.
2) Chelsea dominated possession with 61 per cent, but could not find a way to use it to their advantage.
3) Samuel Eto'o has now in two games against Arsenal and Newcastle had a combined 10 shots on goal, and not a single one has been on target, with four wayward efforts after coming off the bench yesterday.
4) Before being taken off in the 62nd minute, Fernando Torres completed just eight passes all game, a woeful 38 per cent of passes he attempted.
5) Eden Hazard (6) completed more successful dribbles than Newcastle's entire starting XI.
What stood out for you?
image: © Ben Sutherland