Brendan Rodgers has two very solid left-backs in his squad in the form of Aly Cissokho and Jose Enrique, two players who have both made decent starts to the season for the club.
However, the agent of Romanian defender Iasmin Latovlevici has told the football world not to be surprised if Liverpool make an offer for the Steaua Bucharest player, after confirming interest from several big clubs.
“Everything depends on the offer. I have been contacted by clubs even bigger than Monaco. Don't be surprised if Liverpool are interested in him. I do not confirm their interest, but it will be a surprise for everyone,” Florin Iacob told Sportro TV.
So it’s unclear whether Liverpool are one of those big clubs the player’s agent talks about, but his cryptic comments about Liverpool may suggest the club has already been sniffing around the player, possibly scouting him.
Here’s a little more about him.
1) He signed a five-year deal when he first joined Steaua Bucharest, with his contract due to expire in the summer of 2015.
2) He played for three different clubs before signing for Steaua Bucharest; CFR Timisoara, Politehnica Timisoara and Gloria Bistrita.
3) He’s made a staggering 18 appearances for his club side already this season, scoring two goals and coming up with two assists.
4) He made his debut for Steaua Bucharest in July 2010 in a match against Universitatea Cluj.
5) He’s played for Romania at two different levels making eight appearances in both the under-21 team and the senior side.
image: © helly - b